Fixed schedule positions
Fixed scheduled positions are volunteer opportunities that have a specific shift time. Tasks have a defined date and time to be accomplished. Examples include food services, weekly or monthly tutoring sessions, etc. Check out the video below to learn how to create a "fixed" volunteer opportunity.
Fixed schedule position: Written Instruction
- List the title of the volunteer opportunity and the number of volunteers needed.
- Designate whether the opportunity is for individuals, groups or both.
- Describe what the position entails, including job description, location and the goal of that specific opportunity.
- If you choose to make the position private, the opportunity will not be viewable to the public. Only volunteers you personally send the outing’s URL to will be able to gain access to the position.
- Click “Add Skills” to choose the specific skills needed for this position. At least one is required. Press “Add Skills to Profile” when completed.
- For reporting reasons, a program or department is required for every volunteer outing.
- See Set Fixed Schedule to see how to assign a schedule for the outing.
- The categories of ‘Court Mandated,’ ‘High School Students,’ and ‘Virtual/Remote’ are not required, but allow volunteers to further research opportunities on VolunteerMark. By selecting one, you may speed up the volunteer process for those looking for specific-type outings.
- Add a volunteer consent agreement if you wish. Examples include age restrictions, orientation requirements, etc.